In 2016 we continued our support of the exciting documentary Hometown Habitat, Stories of Bringing Nature Home, from award winning filmmaker Catherine Zimmerman. In total we’ve been able to donate $5500. Two of our network growers, Prides Corners Farms and Willoway Nurseries each made generous, additional donations. "American Beauties Native Plants kicked off Hometown Habitat fundraising by sponsoring the first minute of production! And, they continue to support. I am eternally grateful!”- Catherine Zimmerman
We are extremely proud to support the Pollinator Partnership. We ended 2016 with a $5000 donation and began 2017 the same way. They are the world’s largest organization working exclusively on pollinator issues. We believe they are so successful because they bring such a broad spectrum of organizations to the table including; leading scientists, government agencies, conservation groups, beekeeping associations and private industry. They received the highest 4-Star rating from Charity Navigator, 97%. We work specifically with their Wings Over Ohio program. The campaign researches, maintains and augments the Ohio segment of the North American Monarch Migration.
In the past, American Beauties Native Plants partnered with the National Wildlife Federation and donated over $265,000 to help support their environmental education programs. We continue to value the work the NWF is doing and were able to donate $4000 to the cause in 2016. Our hope is to continue to work closely with them in the future.
More Ways American Beauties Gives back
- American Beauties Native Plants donated 850 plants to help Girls Scouts Celebrate their 100th Anniversary.
- Groupon Grassroots! American Beauties donated 3000 plants for special projects around the country.
- American Beauties donated 650 native plants for a New York City Eco-elementary school.
- American Beauties donated over 200 plants to build a pollinator garden for Growing Solutions Farm in Chicago, a vocational therapeutic garden for young adults with autism.
- American Beauties donated 1,350 plants to the Gateway National Recreation Area as part of a Hurricane Sandy restoration project.
- American Beauties donated 500 native plants to help Eco-School in Minnesota build outdoor classroom.
- American Beauties donated a native plant landscape design for a Whole Foods Distribution Center.
- American Beauties is teaming up with Country Gardens Magazine and Easy Garden Projects to give away a $7,500 Wildlife Waystation!